Sugar-Free Applesauce Recipe
This super simple recipe is sugar-free, and can be a great way to use up leftover fruit you may have around the kitchen! This recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups of sauce, depending on the size of your apples and pears.
3 Gala or fuji apples
2 Red d'anjou or bosc pears
1/2 Cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1/2 Cup of water
1/2 Tsp cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Tsp nutmeg
2 TBS CBD-infused coconut oil
1. Peel the apples and pears with a paring knife or peeler.
2. Slice the apples and pears into small, bite-sized cubes.
3. Put the fruit cubes into a medium saucepan, and the rest of the ingredients.
4. Stir the ingredients together until combined.
5. Cover and turn on medium heat until the sauce begins to boil.
6. Reduce heat, and simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Once the sauce is cooked through, take a wooden spoon and crush the apples lightly to combine them together.
8. Remove the sauce from heat, and slowly stir in the CBD-infused coconut oil.
9. Serve piping hot!